Vanilla kranse (Vanilla wreaths)
These biscuits are very popular in Denmark.
- 510g plain flour
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 370g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 110g ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C]
- Mix all of the ingredients together and allow to rest in a cool place for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe into long, thin rolls.
- Cut the rolls into equal size pieces and shape into small rings on well greased baking trays.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until light brown.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.