Sourdough bread pizza recipe
A no-dough pizza using sliced sourdough bread and goodies from the fridge. This made a brilliant meal.
Don't completely fill the base with bread or it will remain quite wet - you need to leave some space around so it can get crispy.
- 6 thick slices of white sourdough bread - crusts left on
- 2 balls of mozzarella cheese, drained and torn into pieces
- 150g sliced meat such as salami
- 4 very thick slices of lemon, skin on but pips removed
- 1 red pepper from a bottle of jarred roasted red peppers, chopped into small pieces
- Lots of freshly torn basil leaves - almost ¾ of the plant pictures went into the 2 pizzas
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lots of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Lightly oil the base of the pie / flan dishes
- Place 3 slices of sourdough bread in each tin
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper
- Layer the sliced meat, chopped red pepper and torn mozzarella to fill the tin, finding places to bury the lemon slices
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 15 minutes in the middle of the oven set to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
Serve with a green salad
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.