Smoked mackerel salad with grapefruit with pasta
After a night of gluttony and another one planned tomorrow, I thought some healthy restraint was in order. This tasty, simple to prepare salad fits the bill perfectly.
This recipe is very similar to a basic South American ceviche.
- 200 g (7 oz) peppered or plain, ready-to-eat smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and chopped roughly
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cooked peeled prawns
- 85 g (3½ oz) dried pasta of choice, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 small pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 100 g (3 ½ oz) pack prepared salad leaves
For the herb dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Place the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake well.
- In a large bowl add the fish, pasta, grapefruit. Pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the salad leaves and serve.
- Similar ceviche-style recipes
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.