Slata michwiya (Grilled salad)
- 3 small onions, left whole
- 4 sweet peppers of any colour (or a mixture), left whole
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 or more hot chilli, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50-60 ml olive oil
- A few olives or 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 100 g tin of tuna, drained and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to its highest temperature.
- Put the onions and peppers in a roasting tin and roast for about 30 minutes until the skins are very brown and they feel soft.
- Add the tomatoes and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the peppers to a plastic bag.
- Close the bag tightly and leave for 10 minutes as this makes them easier to peel.
- Peel and cut the onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Peel, seed and chop the peppers and add to the other vegetables with the chilli(es) in a bowl.
- Mix in salt to taste, the lemon juice, olive oil and olives or capers.
- Place on a shallow serving dish and garnish with the eggs and crumbled tuna.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.