The ultimate simple breakfast.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 2 Fresh free range eggs
- 10 g (1/2 oz) butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice of hot buttered toast (optional)
- Freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Mix in ¾ of the chopped herbs if using
- Add half of the butter to a pan and heat (medium) until the butter starts to froth
- Swill the pan around to ensure the base and 'corners' are well oiled
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir firmly with a wooden spatula ensuring the egg does not stick to the base or 'corners' of the pan
- Leave the heat at medium and stir until at least ¾ of the mixture has solidified and the remainder is still runny
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining butter and continue stirring so the remaining egg mixture solidifies
- Once there is no runny egg left, serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining chopped parsley if using
Use 2 eggs per person.
Don't overcook scrambled eggs or you'll get the yellow leather they usually serve in hotel buffets!
- scrambled eggs à l'arlésienne - add the diced, cooked pulp of courgettes (zucchini) along with a concentrated garlic-flavoured tomato fondue (1 tablespoon per 2 eggs). The cooked eggs are then placed into the hollowed, cooked courgette shells, placed on an oiled gratin dish sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and browned in a 475 degree oven.
- scrambled eggs à l'américaine - Add cubes of smoked bacon fried in butter to eggs. When cooked, mound on plate garnished with slices of fried or grilled bacon and small grilled tomato halves.
- scrambled eggs argenteuil - Scramble the eggs, garnish with asparagus tips which have been parboiled in salted water and them slowly cooked in butter. Serve with triangle shaped croûtons and cream sauce.
- scrambled egg and asparagus barquettes- Cook the eggs and prepare asparagus tips by parboiling and slowly cooking in butter. Fill barquettes with scrambled eggs and garnish with asparagus tips. Top with melted butter and warm in oven.
- scrambled eggs à la Bercy - Grill some chipolata sausages. Arrange scrambled eggs in a pie dish. Garnish with cooked sausage and a "ribbon" of tomato sauce.
- scrambled eggs Massenet - Parboil some asparagus tips and cook them slowly in butter. Boil or steam some artichoke hearts, dice and sauté them in butter. While preparing scrambled eggs, add artichoke hearts. Plate in a mound and garnish with asparagus.
- scrambled eggs princesse - Prepare scramble eggs and pour into a bowl. Garnish with asparagus tips stewed in butter, julienne of white chicken meat bound with suprême sauce and some truffle slivers heated in butter.
- scrambled eggs à la reine - Make a very thick puree with cooked chicken breast and some suprême sauce. Bake a large vol-au-vent case and keep it warm. Cook the scrambled eggs until just creamy. Layer the scrambled eggs and chicken puree in alternating layers inside the vol-au-vent case. Serve hot with suprême sauce on the side in a sauce boat.
- scrambled eggs à la romaine - Cook 800g (1.75 lb) spinach in butter. Scramble 8 eggs with 50g (2 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese. Cut 8 oil-packed anchovies into small pieces, add to the spinach and spread the mixture over the base of a buttered gratin dish. Arrange eggs on top of spinach mixture and sprinkle with 25-40g (1-1.5 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese along with some melted butter. Brown under a grill.
- scrambled eggs Rossini - Cook some scrambled eggs. Sauté some thin slices of foie gras in butter. Cook some sliced truffle in butter. Plate the scrambled eggs on a serving dish, garnish with foie gras and truffles, then coat with a very reduced Madeira-flavoured demi-glace sauce.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.