Sauce beurre blanc
This delicious sauce originates from the Loire Valley.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 90ml white wine vinegar
- 250g unsalted butter, chilled and chopped into small pieces
- Cook the onion in the vinegar in a small pan until there are only 4 tablespoons mixture remaining.
- Strain and discard the onion.
- Return the vinegar to the pan.
- With the vinegar on a very, vey low heat, gradually add the small pieces of butter and whisk constantly.
- The butter should make a thick sauce.
- Classic French Cooking by Elisabeth Luard (ISBN 1840727241)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.