Sauce beurre blanc
Exquisite! 4.8/5 A pleasure to eat and a pleasure to look at Klapaucius)
This delicious sauce originates from the Loire Valley.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 90ml white wine vinegar
- 250g unsalted butter, chilled and chopped into small pieces
- Cook the onion in the vinegar in a small pan until there are only 4 tablespoons mixture remaining.
- Strain and discard the onion.
- Return the vinegar to the pan.
- With the vinegar on a very, vey low heat, gradually add the small pieces of butter and whisk constantly.
- The butter should make a thick sauce.
- Classic French Cooking by Elisabeth Luard (ISBN 1840727241)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#sauce #vinegar #onion #saucebeurreblanc #butter #boiledorsimmered #whitewinevinegar #unsaltedbutter #curdle #boiling