Salmon and cream cheese puffs
Having made this many times now, I have increased the quantity made from 2 to 4 but left the ingredients as they were.
- 300 g (11 oz) packet of Jus Rol pre-rolled puff pastry
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into four pieces
- 1 lemon
- 200 g low fat cream cheese
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2.5 cm (1") ginger, skinned and very finely julienned, then chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Marinade the salmon fillets in the juice of 1 lemon for as long as you can, turning now and again. 3 or 4 hours is fine if you have the time.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Finely chop the spring onions, julienne the ginger and stir into the cream cheese
- Slice each of the four fillets in half length-ways, so you have two fairly thin fillets
- Roll out the pastry into four pieces large enough to wrap four puffs
- Season the fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lay one fillet on the pastry, top with a generous amount of cream cheese mixture
- Lay the other half of the fillet on the cream cheese and fold the pastry over the top and crimp with a fork to make a good seal
- Make a few slashes in the top to allow steam to escape
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden brown
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.