Ripe mango raita
Another instant Indian side dish that is delicious and easy to make.
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 600 ml (1 pint) of yogurt - 2 large pots
- Pulp from a quarter of a coconut
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 4 green chillies - deseeded
- ½ tablespoon ghee
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Peel and slice the mangoes into small slices or cubes (see Preparing a mango)
- Whip the yogurt and add the salt and sugar
- Remove the coconut (see Preparing a coconut)
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the coconut and chillies to a paste and add to the yogurt
- Heat the ghee and fry the mustard seeds until they pop
- Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool and stir in the yogurt
- Mix well and serve
Serve at room temperature as a side dish to an Indian banquet
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.