Red hot chilli mash
This simple chilli mash is easy to make and can be adjusted to suit your taste by adding various spices at almost any stage.
- Pack the dried chillies into sterilised kilner-type jars
- Cover with the malt vinegar
- Seal and store in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks or so.
- After 2 weeks the chillies will have softened. Tip the chillies and vinegar into a food processor and blend to a mash.
- Pour the mixture back into clean sterilised jars.
- It can be used immediately but seems to improve with age. I can't say how long it should keep, but I've never had any go bad on me and some are more than a year or so old.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.