Red cabbage and Belazu preserved lemons
- 2 tablespoons Belazu extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled but whole
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 Belazu preserved lemons
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 125ml fresh vegetable stock
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180C / fan160 / gas 4
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole with a lid over a medium heat.
- Fry the garlic, cloves and cinnamon together until the garlic starts to brown. Add the cumin and onion and stir to coat in the spicy oil.
- Add the cabbage and stir again.
- Halve the lemons, then discard all the soggy bits inside. Slice the skin thinly and add to the cabbage. Add the sultanas, vinegar, sugar and stock and stir well.
- Cover and put in the oven for 50 minutes until the cabbage has softened.
- Remove from the oven and rest, covered for another 30 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon and top with chopped fresh coriander.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
- Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered
- virgin-olive-oils.html Belazu Extra virgin olive oil
- Belazu Premier Choix Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Belazu Preserved Lemon
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.