Oregano and olive focaccia
Super for dipping
Make this once a month - lovely, olivy! - The Judge
This recipe is designed for making in bread machines. I have a Panasonic with an Italian bread programme. However, you should refer to the instructions for your own machine.
- ¾ teaspoon easy bake yeast
- 400 g strong white flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 50 g black olives, chopped
- 280 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 280 g water
- Put the ingredients in your bread maker in the order specified in your manufacturer's instructions.
- Set at 'Italian' programme or refer to your user's manual.
- Panasonic SD253 breadmaker, use the Italian bake setting
- Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker, use menu option 09, Italian bake Allow to cool on a cake rack before cutting.
With the Panasonic SD 255, the whole process takes about 4½ hours, but I suspect that other machines make take less time.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#oreganoandolivefocaccia #blackolives #strongwhiteflour #breadmachines #greenolives #soup #breadmaker #oregano #italian #oliveoil #gorgonzola