Onion relish (2)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
Another onion relish recipe, this one courtesy of British Onions.
- 900g/2lb Onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons Soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black peppercorns
- Put all the ingredients into a deep pan with 100ml/ 4 floz of water.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce to simmer.
- Cover & cook for 30 to 40 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Remove the lid and bring to the boil stirring until it thickens.
- Store in sterilised jars.
- Other Onion relish recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions
#boil #onions #onionrelish #blackpeppercorns #redwinevinegar #sterilisedjars #brownsugar #simmer #pickled