Noodles with ginger and spring onions
The Asian style dish is great as a light snack or as a side-dish.
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 225 g (8 oz) dried egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 large spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 slices of ginger, julienned
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- In a wok, boil the stock and add the noodles. Simmer uncovered fro 15 minutes or until soft.
- Ladle the noodles to a warm serving dish and keep warm.
- Add the sesame oil, ginger and spring onions to the stockand simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes so the spring onions wilt and sth stock reduces.
- Add the spring onions and ginger to the noodles and as much stock as is needed.
- Dot with oyster sauce and serve immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.