Mint and cucumber raitha
(Redirected from Mint, cucumber and garlic riatha)
The perfect accompaniment for spicy food that is economical and easy to make. Play around with the ingredients to suite your taste.
- 500 g plain natural yogurt. For a creamier dip use Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cucumber, peeled, cut into four lengthways and a knife run along the centre of each quadrant to remove 'some' of the seeds
- 1 Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Handful of mint leaves, washed and chopped
- Chop the cucumber quadrants into thin slices
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, stir really well and refrigerate for a few hours for the flavours to infuse
- Arrange in a bowl and sprinkle with the tiniest pinch of turmeric and paprika powder
- Garnish with mint leaves or flowers
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#mintleaves #cucumber #mintandcucumberraitha #dip #turmeric #refrigerate #turmericpowder #paprika #paprikapowder #garlic #naturalyogurt