Kalbsschnitzel nach Josca
- 6 thin veal escalopes, pounded
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and left whole
- Lard or oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- Warm water or stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Wrap each egg in a slice of veal, season and tie firmly with kitchen string or butcher's string.
- Melt the fat in a pan and brown the veal rolls on all sides.
- Add the onion and brown slightly.
- Add sufficient water or stock to cover the rolls.
- Add the carrot and bay leaf and simmer gently for 35-40 minutes until the veal is cooked.
- Transfer the rolls to a hot serving dish and remove the string.
- Strain the sauce into a pan and blend a little flour with some of the liquid.
- Return the flour mixture to the sauce, bring to the boil and pour over the veal rolls.
Serve with noodles.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#kalbsschnitzelnachjosca #veal #egg #flour #sauce #bayleaf #onion #stock #fat #carrot #boil