Jicama, chili and lime salad
- 1 Jicama
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 fresh bird chillies
- 2 limes, one zested and juiced, the other cut into wedges.
- Peel the jicama with a potato peeler or a speed peeler and cut into 2 cm 93/4 cubes)
- Add these to a serving bowl sprinkle with the salt.
- Scrape the seeds out of the chillies and cut them into very thin strips.
- Remove the zest from one of the limes and sprinkle over the cubes. Squeeze the juice from this lime and add to the mixture.
- Toss the mixture really well to mix evenly.
- Refrigerate for an hour then serve with lime wedges and cocktail sticks.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#jicama #limes #chilepiquin #jicamachiliandlimesalad #speedpeeler #appetiser #juice #chineseturnip #refrigerate #zest #lime