Italian beetroot salad (V)
This simple salad recipe was recommended to me by the glorious Annabelle.
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced into rings
- 2 x 15 ml red wine vinegar
- 12 small beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- sea salt - optional
- Separate the onion rings, lay them out in a large flat lock and lock box, cover with the vinegar and leave for up to 3 hours. Give them a shake now and then.
- The vinegar takes the harshness out of the onion.
- Slice the beetroot and arrange on a platter.
- Dress with the sliced onions and the vinegar they have been soaking in.
- Sprinkle with the chopped mint and sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.