Frozen Yoghurt with a Hint of Coconut
(Redirected from Frozen Yoghurt with a Hint of Coconut recipe)
This recipe is bought to you, courtesy of Nik & Edwina's Cookbook.
We’re both massive fans of frozen yogurt, so making this not-too-sweet, exotically coconutty dessert was at the top of our list."
- 450ml Greek style natural bio yogurt
- 2 dessert tablespoons of milk
- 4 dessert tablespoons of Maggi coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 75g icing sugar
- Whisk together the milk and coconut powder until it forms a smooth paste
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl. Sift in the icing sugar and whisk well. Whisk in the coconut paste. Stir in the lime juice.
- Put in a container and freeze for 8 hours or pop into an ice cream maker
How to prevent home made ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer
Home made ice cream is usually reasonably soft and 'scoopable' straight out of the ice cream maker, but once it is placed in the freezer for more than a few hours it becomes a solid block of ice, effectively.
Unfortunately without using artificial additives it is not generally possible to keep it soft once you freeze it. I have tried many suggestions and they all fail miserably, apart from this one!
Place the hard-frozen ice cream in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before you want to use it and re-freeze it immediately you have scooped out what you need.
Admittedly this does require some planning ahead, but it does mean you'll have usable ice-cream.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#coconut #icecreammaker #frozenyoghurtwithahintofcoconut #yoghurt #limejuice #icingsugar #dessert #freeze #frozen #rosekulfi #amazon