- 4 cups of warm water
- 3 cups (15 oz) gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 4 tablespoons extra for baking
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the water into a food processor.
- Gradually add the gram flour and blitz until you have a smooth batter.
- Leave to stand for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat two baking trays the oven, 250° C (475° F - gas 9)
- Skim any foam off the surface of the batter.
- Mix in the salt, rosemary and 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Carefully add 2 tablespoons of the oil to each baking tray and brush to cover.
- Divide the batter between the trays; it should be less than ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until crisp at the edges.
- Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.