Cuban churrasco with 3 herb chimichurri
- 1 cup cut parsley
- 1 cup cut mint leaves
- ½ cup El Sabor de Casa's Pasta de Culantro ( Cilantro paste)
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- ¼ cup minced dehydrated onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Maggi Smoke seasoning
- 500 g tenderloin steak (5 - 6 inch cut)
- Prepare steak by using a mallet to flatten steak to ¼ inch or ½ centimetre thickness.
- In separate bowl, combine well all the marinade ingredients
- Place half the marinade at the bottom of baking pan. Place steaks an top and then cover with the remaining marinade. Let marinade for at least 2 hours before BBQ.
- Grill on a high temperature, introducing smokiness to the steaks as much as possible. Flip the steaks after two minutes.
- Serve immediately with a bit of marinade.
- CubanCuisine.co.uk, the UK's specialist on-line suppliers of authentic Cuban groceries, has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.