Cuban churrasco with 3 herb chimichurri
- 1 cup cut parsley
- 1 cup cut mint leaves
- ½ cup El Sabor de Casa's Pasta de Culantro ( Cilantro paste)
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- ¼ cup minced dehydrated onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Maggi Smoke seasoning
- 500 g tenderloin steak (5 - 6 inch cut)
- Prepare steak by using a mallet to flatten steak to ¼ inch or ½ centimetre thickness.
- In separate bowl, combine well all the marinade ingredients
- Place half the marinade at the bottom of baking pan. Place steaks an top and then cover with the remaining marinade. Let marinade for at least 2 hours before BBQ.
- Grill on a high temperature, introducing smokiness to the steaks as much as possible. Flip the steaks after two minutes.
- Serve immediately with a bit of marinade.
- This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#marinade #steak #cubanchurrascowith3herbchimichurri #barbecue #grill #baking #garlic #bbq #chimichurri #cilantro #hotpepper