Coconut rice (V)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 fresh coconut
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) tinned coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) vegetable stock.
- 225 g (8 oz) fragrant basmati rice (or any long-grain rice)
- 115 g (4 oz) freshly grated coconut flesh
- * See our step by step instructions for cracking open preparing a coconut
- Bring the coconut milk and stock to the boil in a large pan
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water until it runs clear
- Add the rice to the stock, stir once, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Don't fiddle with it!
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for 10 minutes to absorb all of the liquid
- Heat a wok without oil and roast the coconut until it turns golden
- Fluff the rice up with a fork and sprinkle the coconut over the top
Coconut shredder working in a 10 second video
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.