Carrot cake (TM)
- 300g carrots (net weight after topping, tailing and peeling), cut into chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 320g light, soft brown sugar
- 50g sour cream
- 80g organic, cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 80g soft, unsalted butter
- 250g plain, wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 heaped teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), without fan.
- Place all of the ingredients into the bowl 40 seconds / Speed 6.
- Pour the mixture into a lined and greased 20cm cake tin.
- Bake, without fan, for about 1 hour and 5 minutes, then test with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
- Turn out onto a cake rack and serve.
If using organic carrots, there is no need to peel them.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#thermomix #carrots #cake #wholemealflour #unsaltedbutter #sourcream #cakerack #carrotcaketm #carrot #groundcinnamon #cookery