Blue cheese and walnut pizza
(Redirected from Blue cheese and walnut pizza recipes)
After making Quattro formaggi (four cheese) pizza, this was so good it deserves to a pizza of its own. Any blue cheese would work, I just happen to love St Agur, it is a little less salty than some and tastes creamy, even when melted. Very nice.
- Olive oil
- 1 portion of pizza dough - makes 2 pizzas
- 150 g Saint Agur Blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons of crushed walnuts
- If using a pizza stone, preheat the pizza stone under a very hot grill for about 20 minutes. Place it about 8cm (3") from the heat source.
- Make 1 pizza per person.
- Dust your work surface with fine yellow cornmeal.
- Divide the pizza dough into two and roll out into two thin 25.5 cm (10 inch) pizzas.
- Prick the pizza all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking.
- Place the pizza dough on a pizza peel that has been dusted with fine yellow cornmeal.
- Preheat the pizza stone under a very hot grill.
- With a deft move, slide the pizza dough from the pizza peel, on to the preheated pizza stone.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on one side only, until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle the top of the pizza with a little olive oil.
- Arrange the walnuts over the pizza and top with the crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese starts to melt and bubble-this only takes a few minutes under a very hot grill.
- Keep the fist pizza warm at the bottom of the oven whilst you make the second.
Serve with homemade cole-slaw
Tastes even better than it looks
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#pizzadough #pizzastone #grill #bluecheeseandwalnutpizza #bluecheese #fineyellowcornmeal #pizzapeel #walnuts #bake #pizzas #cheese