Allinsons Dried Active Yeast
Allinson Traditional Dried Active Yeast is compressed yeast from which the moisture has been removed. It needs to be reactivated with water before use and is recommended for traditional hand baking and not for use in bread making machines.
How to reactivate Allinson's Dried Active Yeast for use in a Breadmaker machine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 ml warm water (1 part boiling, 2 parts cold)
- 15 g Allinson's dried active yeast
- Dissolve the sugar in warm water
- Sprinkle in the dried active yeast and whisk thoroughly.
- Leave in a warm place until the surface is covered in froth. This usually takes 15 minutes.
- Whisk again and use immediately.
- Liquid used to activate should not be used in addition to the amount of liquid in the recipe.
Cookipedia Chef's notes
#allinsonsdriedactiveyeast #yeast #allinsoneasybakeyeast #fungi #refrigerator #storecupboarditems #reactivatedwithwater #vegetarians #breadmakingmachine #baking #glutenfree