Action coconut scraper with vacuum suction base
'Action' coconut scraper with vacuum suction base
What a fantastic gadget! If you use lots of fresh grated coconut then this is the kitchen tool for you.
We regularly make coconut roti, see below, all variants of it are possibly my favorite spicy meal. The problem is obtaining the fresh grated coconut has been difficult until I obtained one of these. Up 'til now I used an ice-cream scoop with a serrated edge. It worked well was terribly hard work on your wrists.
This is trivial to use, easy on your hands and the end result is perfectly grated coconut. I get about than 500 ml of shredded coconut, and that still leaves some flesh in the shell for the blue-tits to feed on!
At £8.98 including free postage it is an absolute bargain.
- Crayfish and coconut rice cake with hot chillies - My favourite of all these versions!
- Roti: The Indian yeast free bread
- Chingri malai roti: A main course rice dish with coconut, chillies, rice and king prawns
- King prawn and coconut roti with tomatoes, chillies and ginger, a version of above with chopped tomatoes
- Murghi roti: A main course chicken and rice dish with coconut, chillies and spices
- Murghi roti with nectarines and extra coconut: A fruity version of the above
- Beef strip roti: A beef version of murghi roti
- Get chicken pieces the economical way, joint the chicken yourself
- Action coconut scraper with vacuum suction base, a brilliant way to extract grated coconut.
See it working in my 10 second video