As omelettes are so quick to make, it's just as easy to make one each as it is to make one huge omelette.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Splash of cream or milk (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Break the eggs into a bowl with the salt, pepper and milk
- Mix roughly with a knife. Don't whisk - it's nice to get some white and yolk only areas in the omelette
- Add the butter to a small frying pan
- When the butter is foaming add the mixture to the pan
- Fry for 2 minutes on this side, pulling the solid edges to the centre with a fork
- Flip over and fry for 1 minute on the other side
- Slide on to a warm serving plate, folding the omelette - this way, the last bit of cooking is done on the plate
Add some tomatoes at the side and a leaf of coriander or mint so it looks different and tastier.
Also you can put a drop of mayonnaise on the top of the tomatoes and an olive.
Rub the pan with half a garlic clove prior to frying (discard the garlic).Add a handful of microwaved mixed vegetables just before folding over.