Sweet and sour radish salad
An interesting addition to your salad repertoire which gives a nice spicy bite with an oriental flavour.
- 8 small red radishes
- 2 teaspoons table salt (10 ml)
- 2 tablespoons Muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon Light soy sauce
- Wash, top and tail the radishes
- Using the tines of a fork, scratch the surface of the radishes.
- Arrange on a large plate and sprinkle with half of the salt, leave for 10 minutes
- Turn the radishes over and repeat the process
- Wash the radishes and discard the salt
- Dry with paper towels
- Mix the remaining ingredients and whisk
- Pour over the radishes and all to marinate for two hours or more
Serve as part of a selection of salads
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.