Suteresi chorba (Watercress and yoghurt soup)
A chilled summer soup from Bulgaria.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 3 bunches watercress, washed and trimmed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 50 g walnuts
- 600 ml yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring the watercress to a boil in the chicken stock.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a colander and reserve the stock.
- In a food processor, blend the watercress with the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and stir in the stock, yogurt, seasoning and lemon juice.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with a swirled tablespoon of yogurt and a sprig of watercress.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.