Suteresi chorba (Watercress and yoghurt soup)
A chilled summer soup from Bulgaria.
- 3 bunches watercress, washed and trimmed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 50 g walnuts
- 600 ml yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring the watercress to a boil in the chicken stock.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a colander and reserve the stock.
- In a food processor, blend the watercress with the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and stir in the stock, yogurt, seasoning and lemon juice.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with a swirled tablespoon of yogurt and a sprig of watercress.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#watercress #yoghurt #stock #walnuts #chickenstock #lemonjuice #ground #whitepepper #soup #simmer #unusualrecipes