Stir-fried garlic spring greens
A tasty way to get one of your five daily servings!
- 450g (1 lb) tender spring greens
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Wash the greens and cut into 2.5 cm (1") lengths, discarding any stalks
- Cover with cold water and salt and leave for 10 minutes
- Heat a wok or large frying pan and add oil
- When hot, add the garlic and stir-fry for a minute or two. Don't allow the garlic to burn
- Add the greens and sprinkle with sugar
- Add the tablespoon of water and heat for 3 to 4 minutes until the leave change to a transparent green
- Arrange on a warm dish and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.