Scottish sausage stovies (GF)
In case you were wondering what is the origin of 'stovies', to enlighten you further, here is a short extract from Wikipedia describing them:
Stovies is a Scottish dish based on potatoes. Recipes and ingredients vary widely, but the dish always contains potatoes with, variously, onions, carrots, other vegetables, roast beef, corned beef, minced beef or other meat. Stovies is thus a dish intended to use left-over food.
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Perfect Pork sausages
- 1.5kg potatoes, peeled and chopped in half
- 1 beef stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- Simply put the onions, sausages, potatoes and stock cube into a large pan.
- Just cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Keep an eye on it and top up with water if the mixture starts to look dry.
- Season well with salt and pepper and spoon into bowls for a hearty supper.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.