5/5 So simple. These taste and smell delicious. The Judge
- Preheat the grill
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Cut a slit in every chestnut. This prevents them exploding and making a mess of the oven
- Either: Grill on a tray for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning now and then
- Or Roast in the oven for 30 minutes
- You can add a shake of sea salt before, or after roasting
- Allow to cool so they can be handled
- Peel both layers of skin off, taking care to remove all of the inner layer as it can be rather bitter
- Eat as they are, with a little salt or use as directed in your recipe.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chestnuts #roastchestnuts #grill #airfryer #stuffing #chestnut #roasting #roast #snack #miseenplace