- 1 kg (2¼lb) of raw chestnuts
- Preheat the grill
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Grill on a tray for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning now and then
- Peel both layers of skin off, taking care to remove all of the inner layer as it can be rather bitter.
- Eat as they are, with a little salt or use as directed in your recipe.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.