Repasaláta (Beetroot salad)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 500g beetroot, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon chopped gherkins
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, caraway seeds and horseradish.
- Pour over the beetroot and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain the beetroot, cut the slices into strips and place in a salad bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, capers, gherkins and egg and toss the beetroot with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#beetroot #carawayseeds #horseradish #parsley #capers #mayonnaise #gherkins #refrigerate #redwinevinegar #egg #pickledbeetroot