Lapland Bread cheese dessert
- 500 g Leipäjuusto cheese (lapland full fat, if available, not light cheese)
- 200 ml single cream
- 3 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 30g Cloudberries or cloudberry jam for serving, raspberries also ok
- Put the cream and sugar onto a frying pan and bring to boil.
- While waiting, cut the Leipäjuusto into portion-size pieces.
- When the cream is hot, stir the mixture so that the sugar dissolves.
- Put the cheese into the mixture.
- Let simmer for ca 20 minutes on low heat so that the cheese softens.
- Serve with cloudberries or cloudberry jam or, if those are not available, raspberries.
- Tried out at a Finnish scout camp.
Delicious but very filling - also a smaller portion might be sufficient.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.