Lapland Bread cheese dessert
Rudolph food 😆 4/5 From the land of the midnight sun. Klapaucius)
- 500 g Leipäjuusto cheese (lapland full fat, if available, not light cheese)
- 200 ml single cream
- 3 tablespoons muscovado sugar
- 30g Cloudberries or cloudberry jam for serving, raspberries also ok
- Put the cream and sugar onto a frying pan and bring to boil.
- While waiting, cut the Leipäjuusto into portion-size pieces.
- When the cream is hot, stir the mixture so that the sugar dissolves.
- Put the cheese into the mixture.
- Let simmer for ca 20 minutes on low heat so that the cheese softens.
- Serve with cloudberries or cloudberry jam or, if those are not available, raspberries.
- Tried out at a Finnish scout camp.
Delicious but very filling - also a smaller portion might be sufficient.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cheese #cloudberries #cream #jam #raspberries #cloudberry #laplandbreadcheesedessert #muscovadosugar #boil #unusualrecipes #fat