A fiery spice mixture originating from the Arabian/African areas around Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 20 dried bird's eye chillies
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Seeds from 8 green cardamoms
- 12 allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon white cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 8 cloves
- 2" cinnamon stick, cracked into pieces
- ½ teaspoon ajowan
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Roughly crush the chillies and dry fry for 3 minutes
- Add the remaining whole spices and dry fry for a further 5 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Grind to a fine powder in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.