This is basically a coffee and rum Slush Puppy!
- Mix the sugar and water in a heavy pan, heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil carefully for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the coffee and mix well.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate until very cold.
- Add a splash of rum at this stage.
- Add to your ice-cream maker and process as directed. About 1 hour should be fine for most machines.
- Freeze in a Lock&Lock type box.
To serve, scrape the surface with an Ice-cream scoop, scraping up the ice crystals. Serve in small, chilled dishes.