Vanilla yogurt freeze
Easy ice-cream 4/5 Only trouble is that you need an ice-cream maker first. Klapaucius)
- 500ml Greek-style yogurt
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 large egg white
- With an electric whisk, beat the egg white and sugar into a stiff mixture that will stand in peaks on its own
- Add the remaining ingredients into your ice-cream maker bowl and mix well
- Gently fold the egg white into the yogurt mix
- Place in the ice-cream maker and process for 50 minutes
Adding the egg-white did the trick in making a softer ice-cream. It was 'spoonable' direct from the freezer.
You may want to add more sugar, I'm not a fan of sweet ice-creams.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#yogurt #eggwhite #vanillayogurtfreeze #frozen #vanillaessence #vanilla #freeze #egg #doublecream #rock