Smoked salmon puff pastry pizza
Puff pastry makes an extraordinarily light pizza base which perfectly suits a subtle flavour such as smoked salmon.
- 1 packet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 120g good quality, thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons of Tomato sauce for pizza, or 2 tablespoons of Sun dried tomato puree as used by Jamie Oliver in his recent 30 minute meals TV series.
- Extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge 20 minutes before you need to use it
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F)
- Once the puff pastry has rested out of the fridge for 20 minutes, divide it into two pieces and unroll it onto a floured surface or a pizza peel
- Place in the oven for 7 minutes so the pastry can puff up, turning once
- After 10 minutes remove the pizza from the oven so the topping can be added
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce or sun dried tomato puree over the puff pastry
- Distribute the smoked salmon over the pizza
- Cover with the torn mozzarella and grated cheddar cheese
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza and add a grind of black pepper
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 7 minutes to melt the cheese, then serve
This can be cooked in about half the time in a very hot oven on a pizza stone. Heat the oven and stone to maximum under a very hot grill for 30 minutes and this will then halve all of the above cooking times.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.