Mild Mexican passata
The pasilla gave it a really nice bitter chocolaty flavour.
- 500g packet or bottle of passata, (about 500 ml)
- 2 or 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 dried chilli pasilla, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large red banana pepper (a normal red bell pepper would be fine)
- A shake of Louisiana hot pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a pan and heat through. Add a little extra water if it looks too thick for your recipe.
- As I had plenty of time when I made this, I did not rehydrate the chilli first. I crushed the dried pasilla chilli, discarded the seeds, added everything to a pan, heated it up, left it for an hour or two and then reheated to serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#mildmexicanpassata #dried #passata #redbellpepper #chilli #mexican #boiledorsimmered #chillipasilla #miseenplace #driedpasillachilli #tabascosauce