Artichokes, Olive and Roasted Pepper Trofie
- 315g trofie or other dried short pasta - (Gallery of pasta types)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 x 250g pack halloumi, cut into 1cm dice
- A large handful of pitted green olives, halved
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced (more or less to taste)
- 1 x 280g jar artichokes hearts in olive oil, drained and halved but reserving the oil
- 1 x 280g jar Italian mixed pepper antipasto, drained
- 1 preserved lemon, diced and the pips discarded
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving 120 ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil or avocado oil in a wide deep frying pan, add the halloumi and fry over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the olives and chilli and fry until they sizzle, then add the artichokes and peppers and warm through.
- Add the still-hot pasta to the pan with the reserved cooking water and the preserved lemon.
- Toss together, season to taste and divide among 4 warmed bowls. Drizzle on some of the reserved oil and serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.