Artichokes, Olive and Roasted Pepper Trofie
- 315g trofie or other dried short pasta - (Gallery of pasta types)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 x 250g pack halloumi, cut into 1cm dice
- A large handful of pitted green olives, halved
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced (more or less to taste)
- 1 x 280g jar artichokes hearts in olive oil, drained and halved but reserving the oil
- 1 x 280g jar Italian mixed pepper antipasto, drained
- 1 preserved lemon, diced and the pips discarded
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving 120 ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil or avocado oil in a wide deep frying pan, add the halloumi and fry over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the olives and chilli and fry until they sizzle, then add the artichokes and peppers and warm through.
- Add the still-hot pasta to the pan with the reserved cooking water and the preserved lemon.
- Toss together, season to taste and divide among 4 warmed bowls. Drizzle on some of the reserved oil and serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pasta #oliveoil #artichokes #diced #fry #halloumi #chilli #preservedlemon #artichokesoliveandroastedpeppertrofie #peppers #avocado