This is a chilled, spicy sauce from East Africa. There are many variations, but this version comes from Kenya.
So you don't miss an item, click each ingredient as you add to show it as struck out.
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, drained, or 4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 small green chillies. finely chopped - remove seeds if you prefer
- 1 small, or ½ medium onion, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes, or 1 lemon, or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix thoroughly all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Allow to chill and use within 24 hours.
Great for barbecues!