- 400g cooked black beans
- ½ red chilli
- 2 stems of coriander
- 50g butter
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Cook the onion in the butter until soft then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Drain the beans reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add the cooked beans with a little of their cooking liquid and whiz in the food processor.
- Remove to a bowl and season to taste.
- Allow to cool and serve with finely chopped shallots, a garnish of coriander and a crumbling of chorizo.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.