Tuna and avocado ceviche
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 200g best quality fresh tuna steak (sashimi quality)
- Zest and juice from 2 limes
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeler and finely grated
- 1 fresh red chilli - finely chopped - seeds removed if preferred
- ½ teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into thin slices
- Cut the tuna into 5 mm (¼) cubes
- Add the tuna and the remaining ingredients to a Lock and Lock-style box
- Close the lid - shake like mad and refrigerate for 3 hours - shaking now and then
- Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve over the avocado slices.
- Serve in a Martini glass for that 'dinner party' look
- To serve as 'finger food', spoon small amounts onto trimmed green salad leaves
- Similar ceviche-style recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.