Tomato and onion salad
This takes no time to make and is a really refreshing little accompaniment and it works really well with greasy food like spare ribs.
- 1 medium Spanish onion
- 3 large tomatoes - firm as possible
- Zest and juice from a small tangerine
- pinch of sea salt
- Small sprig of parsley, chopped finely
- With exceptional knife skills (or a mandoline!), slice the onion into rings as thinly as possible
- Slice the tomatoes also as thinly as possible
- Layer the tomatoes, tangerine zest and the onion slices in a bowl
- Sqeeze the tangerine juice over the salad
- Garnish with chopped parsley and finally a sprinkle of salt
Chill before serving
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.