The easiest way to peel garlic by hand
How to peel garlic quickly and easily
I'm sure there must be lots of different way to peel garlic the easy way. This is the very best method I've found for all recipes.
Once you've mastered this method, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. It is quick, clean and simple and doesn't waste much garlic in the process.
- Remove a thin slice of the garlic clove from the root-end
- Crush the garlic clove under the flat of a large knife or cleaver - you can even use the bottom of a a small heavy pan for this
- Simply pull the paper skin away from the garlic clove.
The trick is in removing root-end of the garlic clove first. This separates the paper skin from the clove which is made easier to remove by crushing the garlic first.
- Make a Garlic paste and freeze it in usable portions
- You can peel garlic in a Thermomix by separating into cloves, cutting off the root and processing at Speed 4 / Reverse Blade /3-6 seconds.