Tandoori chicken kebabs
This tandoori chicken recipe is reproduced, courtesy of British Onions.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 Medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1inch Piece root ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 Fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- Half teaspoon turmeric
- 200g/7oz Natural yogurt
- Juice half a lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts, each about 150g/5oz
- 4 Small red onions, cut into wedges
- Put the chopped onion and garlic into a glass or china bowl, add the ginger and chilli, then the dried spices, yogurt and lemon.
- Add salt and pepper and mix together.
- Stir in the cubed chicken and chill in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight if preferred.
- When ready to serve thread the chicken on to metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers with the onion wedges.
- Put on to a lightly oiled grill rack, drizzle with a little extra oil and cook under a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, or on a barbecue, turning once until the onions are browned and the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange on serving plates with lime wedges and sprigs of fresh coriander.
- Serve with a tomato, red onion and coriander salad and warmed naan breads.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of British Onions