Spicy tomato sauce for pizzas (TM)
Revision as of 12:20, 1 March 2017 by JuliaBalbilla (Splashed wall!)
- Garlic to taste, separated into cloves and roots removed
- 3 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 Scotch bonnet chillies
- 40g butter
- 70g olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- 270g red wine
- 30g sherry vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1.2kg tomatoes, roughly chopped (cherry tomatoes can be left whole) - tinned tomatoes are fine and particularly good if you can get San Marzano
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 60g Parmesan cheese, cut into 2-3 chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the garlic 5 secs / Speed 4 / Reverse blade. Remove skin from bowl.
- Add the onions, chilli(es), butter and olive oil 4 seconds / Speed 5 and push down the inside of the bowl.
- Add the sugar and the salt 25 minutes / Temp Varoma / Speed 2 / MC Off
- Scrape down bowl and continue for a further 10 minutes, but using Speed 2½- 3
- Add the wine and sherry vinegar 10 minutes / Temp Varoma / Speed 2½ / MC Off - place the internal basket on top of the lid to prevent splashing
- Add the tomato purée, tomatoes and oregano 35 minutes / 100° / Speed 1½ - again, place the internal basket on top of the lid
- Note for TM5 users: 10 minutes / Temp 105°, then 25 minutes / 98°
- Add the cheese 30 seconds / Speed 10
- Season, then 15 minutes / 100° / Speed 2 / MC Off
- Allow to cool before refrigerating.
- Adapted for Thermomix from Jerry's recipe for pizza sauce
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.