Can be served cold as a salad dish.
- 1.5 cups of long grain rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Pinch of oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of fresh tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water until it runs clear
- In a frying pan or wok, heat the olive oil and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft and translucent
- Mix in the rice and fry for a further few minutes to ensure that it's well coated with oil
- In a large pan, bring the stock to the boil
- Add the rice, oregano, cumin and salt, stir once and then cover
- Simmer for 20 minutes, checking that it does not boil dry
- Remove from the heat a leave, covered for 5 minutes
- Stir in the tomatoes and chili flakes and fluff up with a fork
Serve hot or cold
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.