Sous vide prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with garlicky parsley butter
This recipe unfortunately was a huge failure. I tried again, this time with bacon and the result was marvellous: see Sous vide bacon wrapped chicken filled with garlic and cheese
- 2 large chicken breast fillets
- 1 packet of prosciutto ham (10 very thin slices)
- Big handful of fresh parsley including stems, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped (or to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Add the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to a mortar and pestle and smash to a pulp
- Add the butter, smash it to combine with the herbs
- Cut a couple of pockets into the chicken breasts and stuff with the garlic butter
- Lay out the prosciutto slices and roll up the chicken breasts
- Pop into plastic bags and vacuum seal
- Cook in a preheated sous-vide bath at 64°C (147.2°F) for 1 hour
- When cooked the proscuitto packets can be seared in a hot pan or by a blowtorch.
This was rather disappointing in the end and also rather dry in comparison with meat usually cooked sous vide. The chicken breasts I used had been previously frozen, I wonder if that might have made a subtle difference.
I will persist with this and make some changes, a little sherry might make a difference.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.