Sous-vide rib-eye steak with red pepper onions and sage
Those chips look great
5/5 ..and the steak is not bad either! 💖 The Judge
A little experiment with our favourite cut of beef and a few simple flavourings.
I've used one large rib-eye steak (370 g) which will be plenty for 2 people.
This piece of steak has been flavoured with 4 slices of onion, 4 small slices of red pepper and 4 large sage leaves. The only other flavouring is a good pinch of black pepper. Don't add any salt as this would just dehydrate the steak as it cooks.
- 1 370 g rib-eye steak
- 4 slices of onion
- 4 small slices of red pepper
- 4 large bay leaves
- A good pinch of black pepper
- Sprinkle the steaks with a good pinch of black pepper - no salt!
- Layer the onion slices, red pepper and sage leaves over either side of the steaks.
- Vacuum seal the steak in a sous-vide bag
- Cook sous-vide for 10 hours at 62° C [143° F]
- Remove the steak from the bag
- Reserve the juices if you want to make gravy from them
- Discard the onion, pepper and sage leaves
- Quickly sear the steaks for a minute on each side in a hot, lightly oiled frying pan or with a blowtorch
By all means cook 2 separate steaks, in 2 sous-vide bags.
This was very nice, looked well-done but tasted rare. Would like to try the same recipe but with a teaspoon of butter added to the sous-vide bag.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#onion #redpepper #blackpepper #sageleaves #steak #chips #sousvideribeyesteakwithredpepperonionsandsage #sousvidecooking #salad #sear #cutofbeef