Sofrito (Spanish tomato sauce)
- Olive oil
- 6 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g tomatoes, peeled and grated or mashed
- Pinch of sugar
- Put some oil in a pan on a low heat and add the garlic.
- When the garlic begins to rise in the oil, add the onions and allow to cook for about 20 minutes until the onions are beginning to caramelise. Be careful not to burn the garlic though.
- Increase the heat and add the tomato, a little salt and the sugar.
- Cook until the juice from the tomato has evaporated. The mixture should be fairly thick.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.